The Controller will have primary day-to-day responsibilities for managing all financial management and accounting activities for multiple clients in the outsourced accounting and TAG Family CFO portfolios. In addition, they will oversee an accounting team and ensure an unparalleled client experience.
CONTROLLER WILL PROVIDE
- Timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends and forecasts
- Oversee all aspects of the Finance and Accounting functions for their clients
- Manage processes for financial reporting
- Ensure that effective internal controls are met and compliant with GAAP
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Client Management – Proactively identify client needs ensuring client expectations are exceeded on a consistent basis. Conduct on-going process improvement and appropriate follow-up activities to guarantee issue resolution. Successfully onboard new client engagements.
- Business Management– Build and expand a profitable TAG business unit in the San Diego market.
- Process Improvement – Develop and improve current policies and procedures to ensure the team is motivated, fully utilized, and maintaining efficiencies and productivity.
- Financial Statement Review – Review and analyze Client’s Monthly Financial Reports, Budgets, Tax Organizers and special projects for accuracy in a timely manner.
- Team Leadership – Lead, guide and support team of client associates. Ensure clear expectations for performance are set and met, regarding client expectations, accounting functions, and client service and other duties as described.
- Employee Development – Train, develop and coach staff to ensure team members’ professional growth and success as well as the success of the organization.
- Resource Management – Prioritize and coordinate staff projects and workload to ensure team utilization metrics are consistent with set goals. Additionally, ensure division financial objectives are met or exceeded by forecasting requirements, preparing annual budgets, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective action.
- Business Development– Build meaningful relationships through networking with business professionals such as CPAs, Bankers, Wealth Managers and Attorneys.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years of experience in accounting and/or finance field.
- 4-5 years of experience leading a successful team of accounting professionals
- CPA designation a plus.
- In-depth knowledge of business and operations in the accounting industry.
- Advanced accounting software skills, including Quickbooks.
- Expert GAAP knowledge
- Excellent inter-personal skills and communication, including written and verbal
- Business Management experience a plus
- Ability to build strong client and COI relationships and provide unparalleled service
- Ability to effectively train, lead and build a successful accounting team
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to handle multiple, complex projects simultaneously
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
If you would like to apply for this position, please send the following to:
Amy Laughner, HR Generalist
- Cover Letter
- Industry Experience
- Salary Expectations
Founded in 1996, TAG (previously known as, “The Accounting Group”), was one of the first outsourced accounting firms created in Southern California. Now, with four office locations, hundreds of clients, and nearly 50 employees, TAG’s growth and reputation has flourished. This is a direct result of our team’s capacity to address client needs and execute creative and effective solutions to a number of complex organizations.
Being a member of Team TAG, you will provide an array of accounting services on an outsourced basis to a variety of local small to mid-sized companies. Not only will you gain exposure to different industries, but also valuable experience from an accounting perspective working in or overseeing multiple finance departments. This is a great opportunity to grow your career by helping guide various businesses through the delivery of accurate and timely accounting services, streamlining systems and financial management.
Team TAG consists of passionate people, committed to going “Beyond the Numbers” for their clients. We celebrate a culture of work/life balance, collaboration, shared goals, personal development and fun! If you are a candidate that thrives in an environment of growth, flexibility, and high-performance, then we want to hear from you.
Working at TAG:
All of our accounting consultants are hired as full-time, permanent employees of TAG. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Competitive base salary
- Incentive plan and quarterly bonuses
- Health, dental and vision coverage
- Mileage reimbursement for off-site work
In addition to the stated benefits package, TAG offers a flexible work schedule and recently rolled out a telecommuting policy. We understand that our most important part of our success depends on employees. There is an opportunity for growth at TAG with experienced mentoring, continuing education, personal development and camaraderie. See here for a list of 10 Reasons to Work at TAG.