Office Location: La Jolla, CA
Can you envision the next step in your career as the driving force of building a talent pipeline with the best-in-class finance and accounting professionals in Southern CA?
As the Talent Acquisition Specialist, you will spend 80% of your time executing sourcing and recruiting strategies, managing the hiring process, coordinating interviews, and 20% of your time helping strengthen our employer brand, manage college hiring initiatives and coordinate internship program.
Keep Reading IF:
YOU ARE A PERFECTIONIST – QUALITY, DETAILS AND FOLLOW THROUGH MATTER TO YOU. You are uber thorough with a proven track record of following through 100% of the time. You drive processes forward, work autonomously while keeping hiring managers and candidates engaged, involved and accountable to the hiring process.
YOU BELIEVE GOOD RELATIONSHIPS ARE EVERYTHING. You have a proven track record of uncovering passive talent, while also engaging and fostering long-term candidate relationships. You consistently and effectively communicate via phone with all levels of finance and accounting from entry level to CFOs.
RESEARCH IS FUN FOR YOU. You are an expert in people research, surfacing new ways to source finance and accounting talent. You have a proven track record of consistently collecting market intel and using that to improve your recruiting plan.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Within the first 30 days:
- Independently execute recruitment strategies working closely with hiring managers to understand hiring needs, candidate profile and skill matching requirements.
- Learn and be able to articulate the company messaging and service lines.
- Train and successfully learn TAG’s hiring process, strategic sourcing techniques and recruiting initiatives.
- Manage entire recruiting process from establishing job scope with hiring manager, to creating recruiting plan, to posting position online, to reviewing resumes, conducting phone screens, scheduling all in-person interviews/main point of contact for candidates, coordinating hiring process, putting together offer packages and onboarding new hires.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of all job advertisements.
- Works closely with selected candidates to complete post-offer activities such as background checks, drug testing and onboarding paperwork.
- Maintains applicant-tracking data and provides monthly/quarterly/annual ad-hoc reports as requested.
- Reach out to 20+ new contacts per week in Southern CA for key positions by conducting research, cold calling passive talent, networking for referrals and using social media, such as LinkedIn to identify viable current and future potential candidates.
- Actively recruit for 1-4 positions at one time in areas of San Diego, Orange County and Los Angeles.
Within the first 3 months and ongoing:
- Actively recruit for 4-10 positions at one time in areas of San Diego, Orange County and Los Angeles.
- Successfully conduct 10+ phone interviews per week and 20+ recruiting calls each week with passive & active talent.
- Work in partnership with Culture coordinator to ensure all employment opportunities are highlighted on social media and that the employer brand message is communicated correctly.
- Ensure career page on website is updated weekly with recent openings and new team/employee stories to share.
- Accountable for report to leadership on all recruiting metrics monthly.
- Successfully build relationships with 3-4 local colleges & universities.
By 6 months and ongoing:
- Consistently conduct 15+ phone interviews per week
- Attend 2 networking/events per month in relation to industry.
- Manage the coordination and attendance of 4 hiring events per year and represent TAG when recruiting at colleges.
- Generate new ideas, leverage resources and create new strategies for employer brand, recruiting, and on boarding.
EDUCATION, SKILL, EXPERIENCE
- To be successful in this position you will need to be a quick learner, professional communicator, engaging personality, detail-oriented, and most importantly you must have a genuine interest in making RIGHT-fit hires.
- HS Diploma or GED required
- 3+ years Recruiting for with a workload of 10+ searches/reqs at one time
- Proven track record of staying organized, multi-tasking and effectively managing workflow/time required
- Natural skill-set of strong presentation and the ability to relate to individuals within minutes of a conversation and build credibility with individuals at all levels required
- 2+ years recruiting experience with accounting & finance positions required
- Strong written and verbal English language required
- Intermediate to advanced working knowledge with MS Word, Outlook, Excel, Gmail, CRM systems, working knowledge of ATS systems Linkedin and Boolean search
- Proven experience recruiting for more than one city/region highly preferred
- Experience with coordinating campus programs and internship programs preferred
- Recruiting: 3 years (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
If you would like to apply for this position, please send the following to:
- Cover Letter
- Salary requirements