Outsourced Accounting Nonprofit Client
In an increasingly competitive environment, the financial statements are growing to be as important as the cause when it comes to fundraising and grants for the nonprofit industry. Learn about our specific service offerings with this outsourced accounting nonprofit client spotlight.
San Diego Children’s Discovery Museum (SDCDM) is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization providing hands-on educational exhibits and programs focusing on science, art, and world cultures for over 10,000 visitors including children, families, and school groups annually.
“With TAG, the San Diego Children’s Discovery Museum has gained confidence with our financial procedures, reporting, and audit review. Having this financial clarity allows for more time focusing on our mission and fundraising efforts.” – Javier Guerrero, Executive Director
SDCDM’s full-time CFO retired and no one was hired in the interim to handle the Controller-level accounting functions. TAG was initially brought on board in early 2014 with an overall goal of improving processes and systems to attain financial transparency and assist with the yearly audit. Currently, TAG provides full outsourced accounting nonprofit services for SDCDM.
Outsourced Accounting Nonprofit Engagement:
- Outsourced Controller-level financial oversight
- Full-cycle accounting, bookkeeping & payroll services
- Preparing month-end financials with notes
- Recording donations & pledges
- Cash forecasting
- Budget-to-actual variance analysis
- Tracking restricted funds & schedules
- Bank & credit card reconciliation
- Participation at monthly Board meetings
- Produced timely, accurate and decision-enabling financial statements
- Created up-to-date donor tracking system to ensure functional allocation of expenses and fund accounting are successfully implemented
- Collaborated with management in the development of accounting policies and procedures to ensure that internal control activities meet overall objectives
- Installed & migrated to QuickBooks Nonprofit Edition
- Provided yearly audit support with CPA firm
- Streamlined year-end close with necessary adjustments delivered to CPA for preparation of tax return
For more information regarding our Outsourced Accounting Services for the Nonprofit Industry: