TAG Volunteers at Ronald McDonald House Charities of San Diego
Team TAG started their day before sunrise to volunteer at non-profit organization, Ronald McDonald House Charities of San Diego. Ronald McDonald House Charities is a non-profit organization that provides a “home-away-from home” for families with children being treated for serious, and often life-threatening conditions at local hospitals such as the Rady Children’s Hospital in San Diego, CA.
Volunteer at Non-Profit Organization for Team Building
Like a well-oiled machine, Team TAG prepared, cooked, and served breakfast to over 50 families. TAG team members took to the kitchen to cook up a complete breakfast of pancakes, homestyle potatoes, bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs, fruit salad, and more. Once breakfast was ready, the team was split into three groups to alternate between serving food to the families, washing dishes, and enjoying breakfast. After breakfast was served, it was time to clean up and prepare for the next group of volunteers serving lunch.
We all had a great time working together and it was rewarding to be able to give back to the community and help families who are exhausted and overwhelmed from a long day at the hospital.
Volunteer opportunities are just another reason why we’re proud to work at TAG!
How to Get Involved
- Gather a group of 8 to 15 people
- Complete the Meal Program Reservation Form to schedule a date and reserve a meal during breakfast, lunch, or dinner
- Choose between 3 options for making your charitable contribution:
- $500 monetary contribution/RMHCSD supply all the food with YOUR Volunteer Group assisting in all facets of the meal preparation, serving, and clean up
- Bring food to prepare, serve, and clean up
- Bring food prepared in a Health Department approved kitchen, serve, and clean up
- Work with Volunteer Coordinator and Kitchen Coordinator leading up to the day of volunteering
TAG does not only volunteer for Non-Profit Organizations, they also offer outsourced accounting solutions for nonprofits in Southern California. Click here to view a list of the outsourced accounting services we provide to nonprofits.